Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Candle Light Dinner

I thought this was too funny... we had crab for dinner and by accident Bryce was wearing his Joe's crab shack shirt!
Bryce was determined to blow out our candles. So, we did have a really dark dinner.
Jeremiah read out of 3rd Nephi to us while we ate and then we had dessert in the light just like the people finally were rewarded with a visit from Christ after the darkness.

Day 2 of Easter Week
For FHE we read in Matthew 21 and talked about Christ riding in on a donkey. Then the kids each colored a picture of the Savior to give to the families tomorrow.

Day 3 of Easter Week
We delivered our pictures and Easter messages with little baskets to 2 families. We also watched an Easter movie... Veggie Tales (it is a good one for the kids). Then, last night we read about Christ clearing out the temple.

It has been a nice experience to teach the kids about the true meaning of Easter.


4 comments:

Christine said...

I love those ideas! Wish I would've thought of something like that other than having an ordinary crazy week :)

Susan Anderson said...

That dinner looks so delicious that my mouth is watering. Seriously!

=)

PS. I'm really watching what I eat, so I am probably feeling deprived...

Our family chaos said...

That dinner does look yummy. Sounds like a great week for the fam.

Nicole said...

I LOVE this idea. I think I may have to copy your wonderful idea! Such a great idea & a great mom you are!

You dinner looks YUMMY!!!