If you click on the I Heart Faces button you will see the photo ;)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
The Journey that has Just Begun
As most of you know I started a small photography business about 6 months ago. I wasn't sure what I wanted it from it at first. As time has passed I have found something that frees me. Photography has been something that I have always been drawn to. I love the expression it allows me to have. I enjoy freezing life as I see it from behind the lens. My camera has become an extension of me. However, the more that I learn, the more I pour over other photog's work the harder it has been for me to believe in myself. There is one photog whose work I have always LOVED. Her name is Tara Whitney and her work is inspiring. She was a judge in a photo contest a few weeks ago. I entered never expecting to get noticed... then Matt checked the blog and told me, "I think you won!" I didn't believe him. I thought for sure he misread it or something. I knew I had no real chance in winning so I had not even checked to see... but to my surprise I did win. I took 10th place but it doesn't matter to me... that fact that Tara noticed my work and liked it meant everything to me. It has pushed me to be better in my work. All along the way on this amazing journey so many people have pushed me, inspired me and believed in me and to all of you I want to say THANK YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 2 year olds (1)
- beach house (10)
- Beach trip (2)
- Bryce (5)
- Bryce 6 months (1)
- Bryce and Carli (1)
- bubbles (1)
- Carli 2008 (3)
- child photographer (1)
- fall (2)
- fall 08 (1)
- family photographer (1)
- http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yS9pMn3wa4Y/SjLLWHEZHCI/AAAAAAAABRc/bqkDeAwLsEc/s1600-h/IMG_6969.JPG (1)
- jeremiah (1)
- Jeremiah and Carli 2008 (1)
- seaworld 2008 (2)
- summer 08 (19)
- temecula ca (1)
- temecula photographer (1)
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! I'm going over to check it out right now! :) :)
You are going to do very well with your business, Heather. I'm sure of it.
=)
Way to go heather! So happy you have found something you love to do! Your awesome.
Post a Comment