Back to school shopping (dad has to come) and then we go out to dinner
The kids get to pick out 1st day of school outfit (with my approval)
Back to School FHE we go over the schedule and talk about how they should behave at school and tell one thing that they love or are good at in school. And a Father's blessing for the school year. ( I would like to improve this one any ideas?)
Pictures in the yard as they leave and one with their new teacher (when possible)
The WHOLE family WALKS to school
A note from Mom in their lunch (but last year Jeremiah said this embarrassed him... should I do it this year?) along with a homemade treat cookies or something...
After school we go get ice cream with friends
That night at dinner they get to eat on the "star plate" and share about their first day
Pleas leave a comment and share your traditions with me")
4 comments:
Have you visited nieniedialogues.com? She has a special back to school dinner where she makes each of them a crown and they have a theme for the year...like one year it was "Be prepared." I forgot what it is this year, but you can go read about it.
As for the note, if he was embarrassed, I probably wouldn't give him a note in his lunchbox. Maybe you could leave him one on his pillow or something. Or a piece of candy with "instead of a note but means the same thing" printed on it.
Have fun thinking of good traditions. You know me. I love 'em!! =)
Actually, that's probably nieniedialogues.blogspot.com
=)
Hey Heather,
I say always put a note in your kids lunches...they may say it is embarrassing, but secretly they love it...I read a story about a mom who always did that..even when her son was a teenager and he said he hated it. Then one day he was home from college and was going on a interview (or something like that) and his mom sent him with a lunch minus the note..as she felt he was too grown up for it. He came home that evening and said, "Mom, what happened to my note?" Your kids are so cute! Hope you are well!
Love,
Jen
Trying to catch up on your blog... My tradition is school shopping and lunch out with me. This year was very messed up but we sort of got it done. I think making them feel special is so important.
Post a Comment