Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NB Trip Day 5

Carli did this last year and has been waiting ALL year to do it again....

She can FLY!
We also spent time on the beach, of course. This is the first year the kids have been into boogie boarding and I am so excited! It brings back so many fun memories for me. My sisters and I would stay in the water for hours... until it was so dark we could barley see to get out. We also were rescued by life guards a few time. I don't think we ever really needed the rescuing. We just would go so far out at a very young age because Stan would be out on his surfboard waiting for a set to come in and we would go out pass the break to wait too. Anyways, the beach has always been magical to me and it is amazing to share some of that magic with me kids.





I went for a run most mornings on the boardwalk. It is such a perfect spot for running! Then when I returned from my run one morning we decided to take a Surrey (large bike in pic below) to the Stuffed Surfer for breakfast. The Surreys have been outlawed on the boardwalk. We were very disappointed to find this out. We have been riding the Surreys on the boardwalk for the past 10 years. So, we had to take it on the road! The Surrey doesn't move fast and felt a little like Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I think it will make for good memories but after the run and the ride my legs were tired!


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Bryce looks just thrilled to be in the basket. =)

(This trip ended much too quickly...These pictures are making me wish we could do it all over again, next week!)