Saturday, May 16, 2009

I want to be a gardener...

or at least have  hat like them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The gardeners were busy doing there job and Bryce was dragging his Nammy to all the windows frantically signing "hat" over and over.  My Mom remembered Matt had a similar hat and retrieved it for little Bryce.  He was very pleased with his hat and watched the gardeners as he wore it.  It was great entertainment until they had to leave.  He was very upset when the "hats" had gone from sight.


My Gardener


My favorite day is Monday.
That's the day the gardener comes.
I love to watch him pull the weeds
And plant chrysanthemums.
Sometimes he cuts back our front hedge
Or prunes my climbing tree.
I watch him out the window,
And he turns to wave at me.

He doesn't use a broom to sweep.
He uses a machine.
Just like a white tornado,
It blows all our sidewalks clean.
He waves again before he leaves
And hums a happy hum.
But I wish he'd take his gloves off once
and show me his green thumb!

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I'm jealous! Wish I could have been there, too...

=)

Laura said...

The hat is cute but I could not get over the word gardeners! What I would do for those!

Susan Anderson said...

Todd used to put on a hat and oven mitts and get Karin's doll carriage and pretend he was one of the gardeners mowing the lawn.

He would even get two looong blocks and make a ramp up the rocking chair to pretend he was putting the "mower" into the truck.

Pretty funny.

=)

Nicole said...

You have such fun kids. The creative mind, the gardner a fun little girl. Life just doesn't get much better I bet! You are a cute mom to notice all of it too.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! The light in these pics is fantastic! Your blog looks so different since last time I was here. So cool!