Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Adventures in Swim


For the past two weeks we have started our days off in the pool for Mommy and Me swim.  Some days are very cold and Bryce doesn't enjoy his time in the pool on those days.


His swim teacher has found a way to keep Bruce happy... BALLS!


After returning home for showers, lunch, naps, and picking/dropping off kids all over we return to swim at 6pm and Jeremiah and Carli have their pool time.


Today I thought I would bring the camera... it turned out to be an interesting day at swim.  When we arrived Carli let the dog loose as I was trying to put Bryce's shoes on (again).  I had to grab the dog and lost a shoe in the process.  Bryce was shoeless and as he stood on the deck he started to sign HOT to me... his feet must be burning I thought... so I put him on the side to cool off his feet.  Oh, perfect picture I thought.  As I go to snap the photo Bryce takes a dive!  I had to jump in (fully dressed) to save him as the swim teacher was on the other side of the pool with Carli.  What a way to start our 45 minutes at the pool!  (ok, no freaking out Grandma Anderson... he is fine all is well SMILE)


Here is Carli making it to the side of the pool.  She has so much determination!


Carli has really become a great swimmer over the past 2 weeks!


It is fun to have both kids in a private class together as they get time to play pool games.  They really enjoy this time together and it one of the few times during the day they don't fight!


The only place you will see Jeremiah ride a boogie board.  After getting stung by a Jelly Fish at age 3 he doesn't like to venture too far into the ocean... is this really my kid???


He is my THINKER... he is trying to think of a color to trick Carli on the game they are playing.



As Jeremiah and Carli play in the pool I have to find ways to entertain Bryce for 45 minutes....

Surfer at HEART!


He LOVES this dog... here he is signing DOG to the dog")

He likes to push the swings...


Ya, I know this one is out of focus... I meant it to be.



Picking Oranges to Pass the Time





6 comments:

Christine said...

What a good mom. I don't think I could handle getting in a cold pool every morning.

How fun for the kids though!

Anne Marie said...

That's so great! I'm sure they will be little fish this summer!

Laura said...

Cute photos. Once when Jacob was little he leaned forward and tipped the whole stroller in the pool. Bucked in upside down. I got him out fast and I almost did not recover. Worst mother of the year award goes to me that day. He was about one and was totally fine. It was a crowded public pool so it was no fun being the show for the day.

malinda said...

Love all the pictures of your kids. Jeramiah looks so much like you!! I can't believe it is summer time already!

Our family chaos said...

Wow awesome pictures. I cant believe Bryce dove in and you had to save him fully clothed. That is so crazy. Glad all ended well.

NBlake said...

Such cute pictures!