Looks like a wonderful fun-filled day at Seaworld with the kids. Truth is it was a nice day with the kids. The day however was not fun-filled but rash-filled. It started off a little strange, and as time progressed, our life was turned upside down. I woke up that morning and when I looked in the mirror I had Angelina Jolie Lips... weird? My throat started to close up so I went down to the ER for a shot of steriods at 5 am. Ok, so I had an allergic reaction...all is well now, right? So, I pile the kids in the van and we are on our way to SeaWorld...
We touched all kinds of slimy things in the tide pools...
Bryce spent the day signing fish and water over and over. He was so cute! He had such a great time and was amazed at the "ish" and water.
We took in a few shows and then started our long drive home. All the kids fell asleep on the way home (this NEVER happens in my car). As I am driving along I notice my lips are numb and once again HUGE....
When I got home Matt thought maybe I should get a blessing and head back to the ER. I knew who I felt comfortable calling but was still not wanting to make the call... then the phone rang. My good friend was on the other end asking how I was, and it was her husband that I had wanted Matt to call so this made the answer easy. I feel so blessed to have friends who are in tune with the spirit! After the blessing I headed down to the ER....
I found out I was having a little more than an allergic reaction. I was actually dealing with something called SJS. It was something I had never heard of and wish I still didn't know about. It has been a very long week. I was very sick, but I was never alone. My Mom came over and helped out. My MIL flew into town and took over with the kids. My VT set up meals. And my friend Anne Marie gave my kids rides and other things they needed. I have been blessed to have no real lasting side effects and the worst is behind us.
Now I plan to return to my "normal" blogging. It is strange how one year ago I didn't blog and now it is one of the things I missed a lot last week when I was too sick to do anything.




4 comments:
Oh Heather that is so strange and terrible. I am glad you are finally better and that you had a wonderful support system. I am very sure you needed all that. Here is to hoping you are 100% very soon. How scary!
Now I read more something clicked. Someone I know got Steven's Johnson's syndrome. She almost died it was so bad. She looked like she had been burned all over her face. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. I assume that is what SJS refers to. I will have to email you a picture of her during it, seriously bad. I have SOOO much sympathy for you, thank goodness its gotten better and wasn't worse.
I'm glad you are over it and getting back to normal. Call me anytime!!! :)
I am so sorry this happend to you. I hope you are on the mend now. Someone Our family knows had this too a couple years ago. It was aweful. I hope you are healing now and I am truly sorry this scary thing happend to you too.
Post a Comment