Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Goal Accomplished


About 3 months ago Erin and I signed up to run a 1/2 Marathon.  This past year I have run a 5K and 10K so this seemed like the logical next step.  Although, in the past 3 months our little family has had more illness then one family should have in a year.  Needless to say my training had not been as much as I hoped... but it all worked out.  After many LATE night runs and a few long, hot Sat. runs together Erin and I were off to SF.  We set 2 goals for ourselves:
1) finish the race without walking
2) come in under 2 hours and 20 min.

We did it!  Thanks Erin for the great times!  I will post more pics from our adventures in SF as soon as I get everyone to send me some (hint hint) I didn't bring my camera, I know can you believe it!  I kinda regret that now.

My (WONDERFUL) friend Anne Marie took the kids for me while I was flying to my race.  I think they had a great time... don't you?


6 comments:

Christine said...

Heather,

I think that's awesome! I hope you had fun up there too! What an accomplishment!

I finished my goal of finally painting by empty space (I posted it this morning) but I'm already seeing areas that I want to "fix". If your in the area feel free to come see.

Hemphill Family said...

HA, it looks like they had a great time.
GOOD JOB on the race ladies!

Susan Anderson said...

Quite an accomplishment!

Anne Marie said...

It was fun to have your kids come and play. Good job in the race! I think it would have taken me a lot longer. I am not a runner! Glad you got some time away!!

Laura said...

Great job on the run! I can't believe with all you have been through that you are that strong. Congrats!

Nicole said...

Congrats on your race, what an accomplishment.