Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Perfect Tree




The perfect day for a tree...

I thought we may not find time to go cut down a tree this year with Matt working 6 days a week.  I love picking out a real tree and was not happy with the thought of having a fake one.  Then  last Friday I saw my chance and I took it.  There was a xmas parade on the street leading to his private practice office so it made it too difficult for clients to get there... which lead to a day off for Matt!  We picked Jeremiah up from school and went straight to the tree farm.  We lost the baby's shoe... but we found the perfect tree!  On our way home we picked up some donuts.  I made hot chocolate and we decorated the tree and decked the halls.  It was such a fun and unexpected way to kick off Christmas.

3 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

My kids always used to love going to cut down our own tree. The tree farms in So. Cal. were great! (Up here, not so much...)

Susan Anderson said...

Just a general comment about all of today's posts, Heather.

It's clear that you are making their Christmas memories special, and I am proud of you! It's a lot of work, but so, so rewarding.

You are a good mom!

Our family chaos said...

That sound like so much fun. I love real trees too but this we we gave in and got a fake. I miss that sweet smell of pine but I will be happy when I don't have to vacume the mess and take it to the dump. I love that you cut down your own. What a great family day to spend time together.