Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FAITH

I have to start this post by letting you know I HATE bugs and especially ones that can sting you! So, you can imagine how fearful and upset I was as I saw a wasp fly into my house via the back door Bryce was holding open.  I tried my best to stay calm... told Jeremiah to grab Bryce and go in the other room.  Jeremiah took of up the stairs screaming leaving his little brother behind.  Carli came to the rescue and as I swatted at the uninvited guest with my broom she so bravely did her best to help.  I told her Carli say a prayer that the wasp will leave (I was actually just trying to give her a way of "helping" without getting involved) without hesitation she went right into a prayer and as soon as she started to ask that the wasp would leave it did.  It was flying around in crazy circles on minute and suddenly changed course and headed straight out the back door.  I looked at Carli and with nothing wavering she said I knew that would work!  If only my own faith could be so pure... the faith of a child is amazing.  I am lucky to be with little children all the time... I learn so much from them.

4 comments:

NBlake said...

Get her praying that Aunt Nikki's play will work out. :)

Susan Anderson said...

LOL...I'll pray for that one too, Nik. =)

As for Carli, that is such a cute story. It's good that she is able to have those faith-building experiences...and share them with you, too!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

That is one of my favorite things about having little kids around me "ALL" the time!

I LOVE IT!

Heather, looks like you are getting pretty good with your camera. Love your picutres.... :)

Laura said...

We can learn a lot from the perfect faith of our little children. You are teaching her well Heather! Good job!