Monday, September 22, 2008

My Horrible, No good, Very Bad Day

I stole this title from one of my favorite kids books and I love to read it to my kids when they are having a bad day.  Today I can relate.  My day started with my early run as usual.  However, when I got up the baby was not awake to eat yet so I had to wake him up to feed him.  I hate when this happens and I feel so awful waking a sleeping baby.  However, if I don't he wakes up really hungry while I am out running.  And I cannot just stay home because I have a friend waiting on me and its dark when we go so I can't leave her alone.  When I return home I find all the kids are awake and Bryce never went back to sleep.  Ok, so I will have to give him an early nap.  After walking Jeremiah to school I return home in hopes to give the baby a nap and unload my dishwasher.  I find that my dishwasher is broken and all the dishes are still dirty.  I don't have time to think about it because Carli starts telling me that she is in pain.  I call the Dr. right away as she has reoccurring UTIs and I know we need to get her in ASAP.  The Dr is booked until 3pm.  I explain to his nurse I can't be there at 3pm as I have to pick up my son from school and then we go to piano, dance and soccer.  She tells me to come in and the Dr will fit us in.  Two hours later I have one prescription, one sad little girl, and a very tired baby.  Carli has been dealing with UTIs for over a year now and I hate to watch her in pain.  The Dr says it is genetics and there is nothing we can do but has referred us to a urologist.  I hate when my babies are sick and I feel so hopeless.  And it is frustrating because every time we have to start potty training over again because she gets afraid of the toilet as she associates it with the pain.  As I was sitting in the Dr office I almost started to cry ( which is unlike me) but I hate that we just cannot get over this.  After our Dr visit we run to Target to fill her meds and there is a 30 minute wait in which I manage to find many items I "need".  Finally, we head home with just enough time to feed the kids and pack snacks for piano and dance.  Everything goes ok at piano... then we arrive at Dance and Bryce tips over the entire water cooler... and Carli has to pee at the same moment.  Anyone ever undressed a dancer who needs to pee NOW!  Not easy.  I spend the rest of dance trying to keep a very tired and upset baby away from the water cooler.  He finally passes out in my arms just in time to get woken up when I put him in his car seat.  We head home and I start a crockpot dinner... and remember that my dishwasher is still broken.  I still don't have time to deal with it as we have to get to soccer.  We arrive home from soccer eat some dinner and I head up stairs to give Bryce a bath.  The thing to turn on the bath water is missing.... Matt tells me he broke it last night.  I have to wait for him to hook up a wrench so I can turn it on.  As I am waiting I go in my room to get Jeremiah on the computer to do homework and the light in my room is out!  Now I have to go back to Target!  It all works out and the kids are in bed.  I go down to face my kitchen, UGH!  Dishes everywhere and no dishwasher.  I do all the dishes by hand.  My house is clean now, the  kids are in bed I hope it is over.  But if one more thing breaks or one more person gets sick I am moving to Australia!

11 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

{{{{{{{{{{Heather}}}}}}}}}

That really stinks!

Hope tomorrow is MUCH better.

=)

Anne Marie said...

I hope your day is better than Monday. I hate days like that. Sometimes for me they overspill into the next day until the thoughts run out of my head. So sorry!

Laura said...

I am so sorry! That is a rotten day. I would get in to a urologist. My doctor referred my friend after just one UTI because she said it was not normal. Lisa was also referred when Cali got just one too.

Hopefully you can get some relief. I have a friend who's daughter is on a low dose antibiotic to help prevent them.

((HUGS))

Heather Anderson said...

Laura thanks for the advice it is good to know what others have done:) I am going to push for that!

NBlake said...

Whew! It made me tired just reading about your day. Make sure you take some time out to have a good hour or two soon! Love you!

Hemphill Family said...

At least you have a since of humor about it.

byers babes said...

OOOhhhhhh Heatherrrrr. I'm so so sad for you. I just wanted to give you a big hug while reading about your day. So, I just hugged my monitor instead. I really felt for you when you said you almost cried in the dr's office. That's the worst. Hopefully, Matt magicked everything away so you got some good sleep.

malinda said...

I have days like that and it so bad I just have to laugh and think I know someone up there is having a great time at my expense! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

The water cooler takes the cake! The dishes, ugh! That's the worst, and can you explain what happened with Matt and the bathroom fixture??? LOL!!!!

Our family chaos said...

What a very sad and horrible day. I have days like that once in a while. You poor thing. Hope this week is better!

Glaus said...

I guess everyone needs a once in a while bad day so they can appreciate the good days but I want to be done with the bad days.
As for the UTI try no bubble baths, and try to shower her instead of taking a baths. Good luck with that.

Cheryl