Saturday, October 4, 2008

Boot Camp Challenge 2008




I ran my first race today.  I had a great time!  I have never really enjoyed running until today.  I only do it to stay fit.  My girlfriend asked me 2 weeks ago if I wanted to do this boot camp race with her so I signed up.  And so did my Mom.  We later read more about it and saw we were going to be doing 17 different challenges along the course of our 5k.  I wasn't sure I could climb the 6 foot wall or jump the haystacks and do push-ups but I did and I had a BLAST doing it!  My Mom tried to sneak past one of the push up stations and a Marine caught her and she had to go back and do 5 extra push ups.  My results will post soon and I'll let you know how we placed.  I did it in 34 minutes... I guess that wasn't too bad.  It was like a park day for Mom and Nammy (that is what my kids call my Mom).  I can't wait to do another race!  Anybody want to do the next one with me?

9 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like fun! Good job! That might be fun to try to tackle.

Susan Anderson said...

In honor of my death wish, sure! =D

Our family chaos said...

Way to go heather and Mom! My mom is also getting in shape with running to do a half marathon. I am all for staying in shape but man I hate running. More power to you girl!

NBlake said...

I think I'll have to pass, but more power to you and your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is all the mud and stuff I was anticipating?!? ha ha! So proud of you. I am sorry, I just cannot run to save my life. Dance, maybe...

Hemphill Family said...

That's awesome. I'd do one with you if you were closer. Jason did a race last weekend too.

Hemphill Family said...

p.s. way to go Cherie.

Laura said...

Way to go Heather! I think its great to keep in shape and to make it fun. I need to work on the fun part. I go to the gym regularly and the best part it getting it done! Good job!

Costa Rica Baby! said...

yah, I'll do it!!! Oh, forgot I live too far away! (hee, hee) I hate to run. I'm impressed though. What a cool thing to do with your mom.