Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Decorating




Tonight we decorated our pumpkins.  We stopped carving pumpkins a few years ago.  I just don't like the mess and the knives around the kids... so we used glow in the dark stickers this year.  The kids had a lot of fun creating their pumpkins.  Before you feel too bad for my kids being robbed of the pumpkin carving expereince I will let you know that Carli carved a pumpkin and cooked the seeds at preschool this week.  Gotta love preschool... they can deal with the mess:)

9 comments:

Susan Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Anderson said...

I always used to hate the pumpkin carving, too. All those seeds and gunk. We had to do it then, though. (There weren't any glow in the dark stickers...)

Our family chaos said...

Oh man I wish I could get out of it. I hate carving pumpkins. Wher do you get glow in the dark stickers? Great idea. Although I don't think it would fly around here to skip the guts. Such fun:)

Glaus said...

Very cute! We have not decorated our pumpkins yet and this is a great idea. Where did you get those glow in the dark stickers?

Erin Thompson said...

Good idea!

Kristen said...

I think that's a great idea!! we did neither this year:) HA!

I'm so bummed I missed the music makers Halloween party. I'm so forgetful these days!

Hemphill Family said...

Really good idea. You're brilliant.

Heather Anderson said...

For all those who want to skip the guts next year I get the stuff at Oriental Trading Co online and they have lots of different things last year we did foam monster pumpkins from there...

Laura said...

I hate the pumpkin carving tradition. I have a friend who used Mr. Potato head stuff and made darling pumpkins!
We split it up here. I gut them and Alan carves them with the kids.